Remove Downasd.com pop-up ads ( Virus Removal Guide)
If you are viewing random pop-up ads coming from Downasd.com within Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, then your system is infected with an adware or a PUP (potentially unwanted program).
The Downasd.com pop-up ad occurs regardless of the internet browser or search engine, and if you are viewing ads coming from Downasd.com at anytime you are making a Google search or clicking on a link, then your system may be infected with adware or a PUP (potentially unwanted program). This adware infection is designed particularly to make money. It generates unwanted web traffic, collects sales leads for other unwanted sites, and will show advertisements and sponsored links within your internet browser.
The Downasd.com advertisements are occured by an ad-supported (users will see additional advertisement banner, pop-up, search, pop-under and in-text link advertisements) cross browser plugin for Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer, which is circulated through different monetization platforms during its installation. The nasty browser extensions is normally added when you install an added free software (video recording/streaming, PDF creators or download-managers) that had bundled into their installation.
When an adware browser extension is installed on your system, every time when you will open a new tab within Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, an ad from Downasd.com will pop-up. This adware infection will also show advertising banners on the different web pages that you are visiting, and as you browse across the Internet, it will show deals and coupons offered on different websites.
Downasd.com is not a nasty domain itself, but cyber criminals are using an adware program to show ads from this domain, thus earning pay-per-click revenue.
You must always give attention when installing different softwares, because frequently, a software installer includes discretionary installs, such as this application that is causing the Downasd.com redirect. Be extremely cautious what you accept to install. Always choose the custom installation and uncheck anything that is unfamiliar, particularly optional software that you don’t wanted to download and install in your computer. It goes without saying that you should not install software or a program that you don’t trust.
How to remove the Downasd.com pop-up ads adware (Virus Removal Guide)
- This page is a complete guide, which will uninstall and remove “Downasd.com” malware from your computer and any additional adware program that you may have been already installed during the installation process.
- Please execute all the steps in the right order. If you are not confident to do it yourself or if you are facing any other difficulties, our system analysts are there at your help. Start a support Chat anytime.
STEP 1: Remove Downasd.com adware from Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with AdwCleaner
The AdwCleaner utility software will scan your system and internet browser for the “Downasd.com” virus files, registry keys and browser extensions that might have been installed on the computer without your permission and knowledge.
- You can download and install AdwCleaner utility software from the below given link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (The link will open a new tab with a web page from which you can download and install “AdwCleaner”)
- Before starting with AdwCleaner, close all the opened programs and web browsers, then give a double-click on the AdwCleaner icon.
If Windows asks you as to whether or not you like to run AdwCleaner, please allow the utility it to run.
- When the AdwCleaner utility is open, click the “Scan” button as shown in the image below.
AdwCleaner will instantly start a search for the “Downasd.com” virus that might have been installed on your computer.
- To wipe off the “Downasd.com” malicious files and folders that got detected in the previous step, just click on the “Clean” button.
- AdwCleaner will now ask you to save any of the open documents or files, as the utility will reboot the computer. Please do so as mentioned and then give a click on the OK button.
STEP 2: Remove the Downasd.com browser hijacker with the help of Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) is a powerful utility program, which will disinfect and remove the Downasd.com malware from Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- You can download and install the Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) utility program from the below given link:
JUNKWARE REMOVAL TOOL (JRT) DOWNLOAD LINK (The link will download the Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) utility program automatically on your computer)
- Once the Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) has ended up with downloading, you can double-click on the JRT.exe icon as show in the image below.
If Windows asks you as to whether or not you like to run Junkware removal tool (JRT), please allow the utility it to run.
- Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) will now begin, and at the cmd (Command Prompt), you will be asked to press any key to continue to start a scan for the Downasd.com virus.
Please be patient ands wait as this will take some time to complete (around 10 minutes) based on your computer specifications.
- When the Junkware Removal Tool scan is completed, this utility program will show a log with the information of malicious files and the registry keys which were infected and removed from your computer.
STEP 3: Remove the Downasd.com pop-up mlaware with the help of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version uses the best technology to identify and remove all the traces of malware infections, including Trojans, worms, rootkits, dialers, rogue, spyware, PUP and many more.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a scanner that works well and it should run alongside with the existing antivirus software without any conflicts.
- You can download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with the link given below.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will come with a new tab and open a web page from which you are able to download and install “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free”)
- Once this is downloaded, close all other programs and then give a double-click on the icon in your desktop screen or downloads folder named as “mbam-setup” to start up with the installation of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program.
You may sometimes be asked with the User Account Control dialog window asking you if you really want to run this file or program. If this comes up, you can click “Yes” to go on and continue with the installation process.
- When the installation starts, you will now see the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard which will help and guide you through the whole installation process.
To install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your computer, follow the prompts shown by clicking the “Next” button.
- Once successfully installed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will start automatically and you will be able to see a message asking you to update the program, and it also show that “a scan has never been run on your system”. To start scan for malware you can click on the “Fix Now” button as show in the image.
Alternatively, if you want you can go to the “Scan” tab and then select “Threat Scan“, then you can click on the “Scan Now” button.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will then check for the updates, and if it founds any, you will then need to click on the “Update Now” button as shown in the image below.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will then start scanning for threats in your computer that is the Downasd.com virus. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is scanning your computer it will be like the image shown below.
- When the scan is successfully completed, you will be shown with a screen of the malware infections that the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected in your computer. To disinfect and remove all the malicious programs, files and registry entries that Malwarebytes Anti-malware has detected, just click on the “Quarantine All” button, and after that click on the “Apply Actions” button to complete it.
Kindly note that the virus infections found in your system might be different than the image shown above.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will then quarantine all the malicious files, folders and registry keys that it has detected. When removing the files, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may ask for a reboot in order to remove it completely. If it shows a message asking you to reboot your computer, kindly allow it to reboot by given “yes”.
After your computer gets restart, then you should open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and perform another “Threat Scan” one more time to verify that all those infections are removed completely and there are no remaining threats
STEP 4: You may Double-check the “Downasd.com” virus infection with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a optional and a second opinion scanner, it is designed to rescue your PC from malware (trojans, viruses, rootkits, etc.) that might have infected on your computer bypassing all the security measures you have already taken (such as firewalls, anti-virus software, etc.). HitmanPro is also designed to run alongside existing security softwares that is already installed on your computer without any type of conflicts. HitmanPro scans your computer quickly (hardly 5 minutes) and it usually will not slow down your computer.
- You can download and install HitmanPro from the link given below:
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link come up with a new tab and will open a new page from which you can download “HitmanPro”
- Once downloaded, double-click the file named as “HitmanPro.exe” (for the 32-bit Windows versions) or “HitmanPro_x64.exe” (for the 64-bit Windows versions). When the program begins you will be shown with a start screen as shown in the image below.
You can click on the “Next” button, to install the HitmanPro Scanner utility on your computer.
- HitmanPro will then begin to scan the computer for Downasd.com virus files.
- When the scan has finished, it will show a list of all the malicious things that the HitmanPro found on your computer as shown in the image below. You can then click on the “Next” button, to remove Downasd.com malware and all other infections that the HitmanPro has found on your system.
- You can then click on “Activate free license” button to start the 30 days free trial, and remove all the infected files from your computer.
STEP 5: Remove the Downasd.com extension from Firefox, Google Chrome and
If you still find issues with the Downasd.com pop-up ads in the Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer, then you will want to reset your web browser to its default settings. This step is optional and needs to be done only if the issues have not been resolved by all the previous steps.
Remove the Downasd.com pop-ups from the Internet Explorer
You can reset the Internet Explorer settings to return them to the default state when Internet Explorer was first installed on your computer.
- Open the Internet Explorer, then click on the “gear icon” that appear on the upper right part of the browser window, then click on Internet Options.
- Now comes the “Internet Options” dialog box, click the “Advanced” tab, then just click on “Reset Advanced settings” button.
- Then in the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” part click “Reset” button, then select the “Delete personal settings” check box, and then click on “Reset” button as shown in image below.
- When Internet Explorer has successfully completed the task, you can click on the “Close” button in the dialogue box. You will now want to close your web browser, and then you can open up Internet Explorer again.
Remove the Downasd.com pop-ups from the Mozilla Firefox
If you’re facing issues with Firefox, resetting it will help. The reset feature will fix many issues just by restoring the Mozilla Firefox to its factory default settings while saving all your needed information like passwords, bookmarks auto-fill information, browsing history and the open tabs.
- Open firefox and at the upper-right corner of the browser window, click on the Firefox menu button (), then you can click on the “Help” () button as shown in image below.
- Now comes the the Help menu, from that choose the Troubleshooting Information.
If you’re find any difficulty in accessing the Help menu, just type about:support in your browser’s address bar to get the Troubleshooting information page of the browser.
- Now you can click the “Reset Firefox” button that comes in the upper-right side corner of “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the image below.
- Then to continue, just click on “Reset Firefox” button in confirmation window that comes up as shown below.
- Mozilla Firefox will now close automatically and will set the browser to its default settings. When all this is done, another window will come up with list of information that were imported. Just click on “Finish“.
Note: All your old Firefox profile details will be placed as a folder on your desktop named “Old Firefox Data“. If the browser reset didn’t fix the issue, you can restore the information which is saved by just copying files to the new profile that is created. If you don’t want this newly created folder anymore, you are requested to delete it as that folder contains sensitive information.
Remove the Downasd.com pop-ups from the Google Chrome
- Open up Google Chrome, then click the main menu button, which is shown by 3 horizontal lines () . Now a drop-down menu section appears, from that select the Settings option.
- Chrome’s Settings will now be shown in a new tab or a new window, depending on your browser configuration. Next, you need to scroll to bottom of that page and just click on the “Show advanced settings” link (as shown in the below image).
- Google Chrome’s advanced Settings is now. Scroll down to the bottom until Reset browser settings button is visible, as shown in the image below. Next, give a click on “Reset browser settings” button.
- Now a confirmation dialog window will be shown, saying the details about the components that will get restored to the default state. Now you should continue with the browser reset process. To finish the restoration process, just click on the Reset button as shown in image below.